Legoland Anaheim California
Legoland is one of Anaheim’s most popular family attractions. This 150 acre theme park, with a lego toy theme, is specifically made for children between the ages of 3 and 12. However, anyone who has ever created with legos, and they have been around for quite some time, will enjoy what the park has to offer. Here are the basics that you need to know:
* Location: just one hour south of Anaheim
* Open: 5 days per week, closed Tuesday and Wednesday (except holiday periods when they may be open week-long). Legoland may also be closed during bad whether.
* Retail Admission: children and seniors are $66 for two days, $53 for one day. Adult admission is $78 for two days and $63 for one day (extra charges for the water park and aquarium).
* Some near by Accommodations: Sheraton Carlsbad Resort (rates from $129/night, Gand Pacific Palisades (from $118/night), Carlsbad by the See (from $96.75/night}, Ramada (from $67.50/night)
* Attractions: over 60 attractions, rides and shows, including water park and aquarium
* Dining: includes hamburgers, hotdogs and other specialties of the park. Gluten free, vegan and healthy alternatives are readily available.
It is important to check and make sure that the theme park is open, before setting a date for your trip during winter months. Try to plan your visit during the weekdays, when Legoland will be less crowded. There are specific events and shows that you may want to plan your holiday around, such as Star Wars Days, Claws or the Pirate Reef opening. No coolers or food are allowed into the park, unless it is for a specific diet need. However, you should bring your own bottled water, which is allowed, as Legoland charges a hefty price for it.